So it's October and you may still consider it far too early to be talking about Christmas, but with the supermarkets brimming with festive fayre in the aisles, it's actually the very last chance for us to put together Christmas viral games and festive digital marketing campaigns for our clients.
But why would you invest in a Christmas game for your brand? Here are a few reasons why we think (and other customers tell us) they make sense:
1. Christmas viral games are a carbon-neutral alternative to Christmas cards. Sending a digital eCard with a Christmas game contained in it gives people a fun, interactive experience they'll talk about and share without costing you a fortune in postage and with no trees harmed!
2. Christmas advergames can be part of a long-term marketing campaign as we can code them to automatically remove the festive graphics to be replaced with a non-seasonal visual after Christmas is over. First we talk about carbon-neutrality, now we're recycling!
3. Games offer the same level of reach as terrestrial TV advertising for a fraction of the cost. They open your organisation up to a global audience and at TAMBA, we can get a game to market in as little as 4 weeks! (Note - this can be challenging for our Elves at Christmas time when we are making lots of games!)
4. Retailers, this one's for you. Games can be used to distribute discount vouchers and codes for your time limited offers. Vouchers can greatly aid consumers in their decision making and time-limited vouchers mean they must act NOW. Using a game as the distribution mechanic encourages people to share it with their peers too!
5. Hey big corporates! Show your fun side. The rest of the year is about the white papers, the infographics, the annual reports and the shareholder updates. A game gives you the opportunity to cut loose and show your customers your fun side. As part of the marketing mix, it's a light-hearted touchpoint to keep you front of mind with suppliers, customers and prospects.
6. Having a Christmas game housed on your website will get lots of people Tweeting, Facebook sharing, Google Plus-ing and more. All those shares and other sites linking into your game page will be great for your organic search engine optimisation (SEO) and is likely to positively impact your website's position on Google.
Have a look at a few examples here:Sleigh Away - Winner of an Adobe Site of the Day award (on Christmas Day no less!)RS Components Jingle Parts / RS Christmas tree gamesMarketing Birmingham / London Midland's Ho Ho Ho Express
Hopefully, you're now thinking about how you can harness gamification in your Christmas marketing campaign and we'd love to be involved in the production. Give us a call on 01543 495 888.